Be part of the exciting health science field!
Students are taught the skills and techniques necessary to become a Medical Assistant and obtain employment in a variety of healthcare facilities. This multi-skilled health professional is trained in clerical and medical office procedures, phlebotomy, EKG, X-Ray, basic patient care techniques and laboratory procedures. Medical assistants perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices and clinics of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors and optometrists running smoothly. They are involved in direct patient care and assist the physician or other health professional during examinations.
Additional Skills Covered:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Bloodborne Diseases HIV/AIDS, HBV
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Literacy
- CPR, BLS Healthcare Provider
- Domestic Violence
- EKG Modalities
- Emergency Care
- Employability Skills
- Home Health Care
- Infection Control Procedures
- Laboratory Testing Procedures
- Legal & Ethical Responsibilities
- Math & Science Skills
- Medical Errors
- Medical Terminology
- Patient Care Techniques
- Pharmaceutical Principles & Medication Administration
- Phlebotomy Procedures & Protocol
- Quality Assurance
- Safety and Security Procedures
- Sterilization Procedures
- Vital Signs
- Wellness & Disease Concepts
- X-Ray Procedures
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING REGISTRATION:
- Registration processes for Health Science classes vary by program. For information specific to Medical Assisting, please e-mail the counselor at [email protected]
- Students enrolling in any Health Science Education program must attend a Health Science program orientation. At that time, information about the required Level II criminal background check and drug screening, per The Joint Commission, will be fully explained. Students who do not have a valid social security number may encounter difficulty with certain state licensing agencies and registries. Contact the program counselor for specific information.
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, students may articulate into another Health Science program at one of Broward’s Technical Colleges with advanced standing.
Enroll in our Medical Assisting program today.
To get started in the Medical Assisting program, Sign Up today for a program orientation.
1300 hours (approximately 12 months – full time)
Traditional – 100% classroom based
Hybrid – Less than 100% of instructional hours via distance education (online)
Days & Times:
- Monday – Friday
7:05 a.m. – 1:50 p.m.
Note: Clinical externship hours may vary.