Get Started on Your Career Path Today!
|Step 1 -||Attend a Program Specific Orientation|
|Step 2 -||Basic Skills Testing|
|Step 3 -||Complete an Application|
|Step 4 -||Apply for Financial Aid (Optional)|
|Step 5 -||Request Disability Services (Optional)|
|Step 6 -||Complete & Upload Required Documents|
|Step 7 -||Counselor Interview|
|Step 8 -||Registration & Enrollment|
1300 hours (approximately 12 months – full time)
Traditional – 100% classroom based
Hybrid – less than 50% of required instructional hours available via distance education (online)
Days & Times:
Monday – Friday 7:05 a.m. – 1:50 p.m.
Note: Clinical externship hours may vary.
Students are taught the skills and techniques necessary to become a Medical Assistant and obtain employment in a variety of healthcare facilities. This multi-skilled health professional is trained in clerical and medical office procedures, phlebotomy, EKG, X-Ray, basic patient care techniques and laboratory procedures. Medical assistants perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices and clinics of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors and optometrists running smoothly. They are involved in direct patient care and assist the physician or other health professional during examinations.
Additional Skills Covered:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Bloodborne Diseases HIV/AIDS, HBV
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Literacy
- CPR, BLS Healthcare Provider
- Domestic Violence
- EKG Modalities
- Emergency Care
- Employability Skills
- Home Health Care
- Infection Control Procedures
- Laboratory Testing Procedures
- Legal & Ethical Responsibilities
- Math & Science Skills
- Medical Errors
- Medical Terminology
- Patient Care Techniques
- Pharmaceutical Principles & Medication Administration
- Phlebotomy Procedures & Protocol
- Quality Assurance
- Safety and Security Procedures
- Sterilization Procedures
- Vital Signs
- Wellness & Disease Concepts
- X-Ray Procedures
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING REGISTRATION:
- Registration processes for Health Science classes vary by program. For information specific to Medical Assisting, please e-mail the counselor at Ruth.Eloi@browardschools.com.
- Students enrolling in any Health Science Education program must attend a Health Science program orientation. At that time, information about the required Level II criminal background check and drug screening, per The Joint Commission, will be fully explained. Students who do not have a valid social security number may encounter difficulty with certain state licensing agencies and registries. Contact the program counselor for specific information.
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
To get started in the Medical Assisting Program, sign up today for a program orientation!
Job Outlook in the South Florida Tri-County Area:
According to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, the current South Florida Tri-County entry annual salary range for Legal Administrative Specialist positions is approximately $23,200 – $29,400. Actual wages may vary according to education, certifications, and experience.