Career Placement Transition Program
Career Placement is a work-study transition service designed to assist special diploma graduates, or students who elect to defer their standard diploma, achieve their goals of independence, define a career path that meets their interests, and gain paid employment. Students work on obtaining and maintaining competitive entry level jobs in the private business sector. This program is for ESE students who are 18-22 years of age, have the ability and desire to independently navigate the community and have expressed an interest in paid employment. Career Placement Services enables students to identify career options, access community resources, and meet industry standards for entry level employment.
Click Here for an informational flyer on the Career Placement Transition Program.
Areas of Study:
Each student participates in a functional curriculum that emphasizes:
- Making plans for personal and career goals
- Evaluating own knowledge and skills
- Applying for jobs using appropriate communications and follow-up, such as contacting employers, composing a resume, completing job applications, and participating in interviews.
- Fulfilling job responsibilities
- Self-advocating on the job
- Making decisions and problem solving on the job
- Using public transportation to independently move about the community
- Maintain positive communication on the job
- Staying motivated on the job.
- Career Interest Assessment
- Employment Skills Assessment
- Career Counseling and Guidance
- Resume Development
- Travel Training
- On-the-Job Assistance
- Academic Employment Skills
- Budgeting Skills
- Independent Living Skills Support
Students must meet the following:
- Graduated with a Special Diploma or Deferred Standard Diploma
- Live in Broward County
- 18-22 years of age
- Expressed interest in paid employment
- Demonstrates employability skills
- Ability and desire to independently navigate the community
Ask your ESE Specialist for an Application. After your application has been received by Atlantic Technical College and Technical High School, you will be contacted and scheduled for a visit to discuss your interest in Career Placement.