Text Only

ATC Request Information

Please wait...

call nowCall Now

Or find us on

Atlantic Technical College

Atlantic Technical College

Veterans Assistance

We are honored to welcome new and returning veterans who choose Atlantic Technical College for their education and training needs. Our commitment is to reach out to all veterans and support their success, just as they have supported and served our nation. Please contact:

Joanne Santana, Veteran Certifying Official Phone: 954-614-1608
Email: [email protected]
Atlantic Technical College, 4700 Coconut Creek Parkway, Coconut Creek, Florida McFatter Technical College, 6500 Nova Drive, Davie, Florida
Sheridan Technical College, 5400 Sheridan Street, Hollywood, Florida

Education Benefits

The term GI Bill® refers to any Department of Veterans Affairs education benefit earned by members of Active Duty, Selected Reserve and National Guard Armed Forces and their families. The benefit is designed to help service members and eligible veterans cover the costs associated with getting an education or training. The GI Bill® has several programs and each is administrated differently – depending on a person’s eligibility and duty status. Many veterans and active duty personnel can qualify for more than one Education Benefits program, including the:

  • Post-9/11 GI Bill® (chapter33)
  • Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB, chapter 30 and chapter1606)
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP, chapter1607)
  • Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program(DEA)

Dependingonyourindividualcircumstances,oneoftheseprogramsmaygive you better benefits than the others. You should also determine any benefits to which you are entitled under Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E, chapter31).

Education Benefit Payment Rates

Education benefit payment rates vary depending on your G.I. Bill.  For more information, visit www.gibill.va.gov or call 1-877-823-2378.

Documents to submit to the Veterans’ Certifying Official:

  • Certificate of Eligibility – updatedversion
  • Official Transcripts from all previous postsecondarytraining
  • DD214

Q & A: Applying for the GI BILL®

How do I apply for the GI BILL®?

Students must apply using the standard GI BILL® forms. Forms can be downloaded via the web (www.gibill.va.gov). Submit your application online.

How long does the process take?

When applying for benefits, allow the VA 60-90 days for your application to be processed.

What form do I use?

If this is your first time applying for GI BILL® benefits, complete Form 22-1990; for others (dependent/spouse) complete Form 22-5490online . (Note: Printable forms are in pdf format, Adobe is required).

What other forms do I provide?

For all active duty students, you must attach a copy of your form “DD-214”. For non-active duty (reservists/guards) you must attach a copy of your “NOBE” Notice of Basic Eligibility. For all others (dependent’s proof of birth certificate or marriage certificate for spouse).

How do I check the status of my submitted application?

Call 1-888-442-4551 or 1-888-GIBILL-1.

When do I use form “22-1995” or “22-5495”?

A Form 22-1995(for veterans) or Form 22- 5495(for dependent/spouse) should be used if the student changes major/objective; transfers from another institution; or when the last enrollment has been over a year.

Does the VA pay for my tuition and fees?

Yes. The VA pays tuition and fees for Post 9/11 (Chapter 33) and Vocational Rehab (Chapter 31) only.

Who is eligible to receive the out-of-state fee waiver?

(House Bill 7015 Congressman C.W. Bill Young Veteran Tuition Waiver Program)

An honorable discharged veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces, U.S. Reserve Forces or the National Guard who physically resides in the state while enrolled in a Florida College System institution is eligible to receive the Fee Waiver.

Can I sign up for direct deposit?

Yes, you must attach a voided copy of your check. If application has been sent, call 1-888-442-4551.

How do I verify my enrollment and how often should I do it? You must verify your enrollment at the end of each month. To verify enrollment by phone, call 1-877-823-2378, or on the web at www.gibill.va.gov.

Can I apply for student financial aid while receiving VA benefits? Yes. You can apply via the web by going to the federal website at FAFSAOnline

How much money will I get each month?

Education benefit payment rates vary depending on your chapter.