Be part of the exciting health science field!
This program teaches students to become EKG/Cardiovascular technicians who can work in a variety of healthcare facilities including hospitals, nursing homes, clinics and physicians’ offices. Students will be taught how to perform a 12-lead EKG, properly maintain diagnostic equipment, recognize normal and abnormal sinus rhythms and monitor patients for cardiovascular disorders. An overview of anantomy and physiology, with emphasis on cardiac and vascular systems is taught along with medical terminology, basic patient care techniques, medical instrumentation, cardiac monitoring and testing, and cardiac wellness and rehabilitation. A clinical experience is offered along with classroom simulation of various technical procedures.
Additional Skills Covered:
- 12-Lead EKG
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Bloodborne Diseases HIV/AIDS, HBV
- Cardiovascular Diagnostic Modalities
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Literacy
- CPR, BLS Healthcare Provider
- EKG Testing & Interpretation
- Employability Skills
- Infection Control Procedures
- Legal & Ethical Responsibilities
- Math & Science Skills
- Medical Instrumentation Modalities
- Medical Terminology
- Patient Care Techniques
- Safety and Security Procedures
- Vital Signs
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING REGISTRATION:
- Registration processes for Health Science classes vary by program. For information specific to Electrocardiograph Technology, please e-mail the counselor at [email protected]
- Students enrolling in any Health Science Education program must attend a Health Science program orientation. At that time, information about the required Level II criminal background check and drug screening, per The Joint Commission, will be fully explained. Students who do not have a valid social security number may encounter difficulty with certain state licensing agencies and registries. Contact the program counselor for specific information.
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
College Credit Transfer Opportunity and/or Advanced Standing:
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, students may transfer into another Health Science program at one of Broward’s Technical Colleges with advanced standing.
For information regarding Electrocardiograph Technology salaries/wages, visit floridajobs.org.
Enroll in our Electrocardiograph Technology program today.
To get started in the Electrocardiograph Technology program, Sign Up today for a program orientation.
465 hours (approximately 4 months – full time)
Traditional – 100% classroom based
Hybrid – Less than 100% of instructional hours via distance education (online)
Days & Times:
- Monday – Friday
7:05 a.m. – 1:50 p.m.
Note: Clinical externship hours may vary.