Dental Assisting Technology & Management (ATD)
Be part of the exciting health industry!
Enroll in our Dental Assisting Technology & Management (ATD) program today.
Students will be taught the basic knowledge and skills to offer direct chairside assistance to the dentist, expose dental radiographs, and educate and instruct patients in preventive dental techniques. Students will be trained in infection control procedures, disease prevention, dental procedures and instruments and business office procedures.
Upon successful completion of the program and in accordance with state guidelines, students are issued an Applied Technology Diploma (ATD) in Dental Assisting Technology and Management with Expanded Duties and Dental Radiography.
Additional Skills Covered:
- Anatomy & Physiology (Dental Anatomy & Nomenclature)
- Bloodborne Diseases HIV/AIDS, HBV
- Clinical Dental Procedures
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Literacy
- CPR, BLS Healthcare Provider
- Dental Radiography
- Dental Specialties Terminology & Material
- Domestic Violence
- Infection Control Procedures
- Legal and Ethical Responsibilities
- Patient Care, Dental/Surgical
- Pharmacology and Pain Control
- Safety & Emergency Procedures (Dental Office)
- Sterilization Techniques, Principles & Processes
- Wellness & Disease Concepts
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams:
Students will be prepared to take one or more approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certifications or licensure exams in their field of study.
College Credit Transfer Opportunity and/or Advanced Standing:
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, including the attainment of an aligned industry certification, students may be awarded credits toward an Associate Degree by Broward College or the Florida College System. Students must enroll within two (2) years of completing the program at Atlantic Technical College. Additional college credit may be awarded with the attainment of additional industry certifications.
For information regarding Dental Assisting Technology & Management salaries/wages, visit floridajobs.org.
Enroll in our Accounting Operations program today.
To get started in the Dental Assisting Technology & Management (ATD) program, Sign Up today for a program orientation.