Get Started on your Career Plan Today!
Step 1⇒ Attend a Program Orientation
Step 2 ⇒ Take the Tests of Adult Basic Education or meet exemption criteria
- See your counselor/advisor for details on test exemption criteria.
- Accommodations for testing are available to qualified individuals.
- Visit the Office of Disability Services for details before testing.
Step 3 ⇒ Meet with your counselor/advisor
- Receive test results
- Discuss technical or academic program placement
- Special needs
- Financial aid
- Registration procedures
Step 4 ⇒ Registration and Enrollment
Database Application Development & Programming
an Approved Oracle Academy
1200 hours/approx. 12 months – full time
M – F 7:05 a.m. – 1:50 p.m. – full time
M – F 7:05 a.m. – 10:05 a.m. – part time)
Students will be prepared for employment as database programmers, computer programmer assistants, and computer programmers, or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in these occupations.
Additional Skills Covered:
- Computer Literacy
- Exposure to a Network Environment
- Microsoft Office
- Human Relations
- Employability Skills
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Job Outlook in the Ft. Lauderdale area:
- Demand for Computer Programming Assistants is expected to grow 14%* between 2014 and 2024.
- Entry level wages are about $18/hour**. Actual wages vary according to education, experience and certifications.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics
**The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity