Get Started on your Career Plan Today!
Step 1⇒ Attend a Program Orientation
Step 2 ⇒ Take the Tests of Adult Basic Education or meet exemption criteria
- See your counselor/advisor for details on test exemption criteria.
- Accommodations for testing are available to qualified individuals.
- Visit the Office of Disability Services for details before testing.
Step 3 ⇒ Meet with your counselor/advisor
- Receive test results
- Discuss technical or academic program placement
- Special needs
- Financial aid
- Registration procedures
Step 4 ⇒ Registration and Enrollment
Business Management & Analysis
900 hours/approx. 10 months – full time
M – F 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (full-time)
M – F 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. (part-time)
The content of the program focuses on technical skill proficiency especially in the areas of spreadsheets, database management, and project management. Students will gain proficiency in all phases of communication skills – reading, writing, and oral communication, as well as customer service skills.
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment in careers in business, management, and administration. The content includes communication skills, accounting concepts and practices, business law concepts, leadership skills, business computer applications, business ethics, governmental regulations, human resources and management issues, financial and data analysis, and career development.
Additional Skills Covered:
- Accounting Theory
- Business Communication Skills
- Business Law
- Business Management
- Customer Service
- Employability Skills and Portfolio
- Human Resources Management
- Leadership & Supervision
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Project Management
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
To get started in the Business Management & Analysis program sign up today for a program orientation.
Advisor: [email protected]
Job Outlook in the Ft. Lauderdale area:
- Demand for Business Operations Managers is expected to grow about 10%* between 2014 and 2024
- Entry level wages are about $17/hour**. Actual wages vary according to education, experience and certifications.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics
**The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity