Get Started on Your Career Path Today!
Step 1 – Attend a Program Specific Orientation
Step 2 – Complete an Application
Step 3 – Apply for Financial Aid (Optional)
Step 4 – Request Disability Services (Optional)
Step 5 – Complete Registration Packet Forms
Step 6 – Counselor Interview
Step 7 – Registration & Enrollment
Automotive Collision Technology Technician
EDUCATIONAL LEADER FOR GREEN APPLICATIONS IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY!
The Atlantic Technical College Auto Collision Technology Technician Program is the only program in South Florida authorized by BASF to teach the Onyx HD waterborne paint system, reducing base-coat solvent emissions by 90 percent!
This program is certified as a Master Training and Refinishing Program by the ASE Education Foundation.
1400 hours (approximately 14 months – full time)
Traditional – 100% classroom based
Days & Times:
Monday – Friday 7:05 a.m. – 1:50 p.m.
This is the only program in South Florida authorized by BASF to teach the Onyx HD waterborne paint system. This system is eco-friendly and reduces base-coat solvent emissions by 90%. Instruction and training includes uses of parts and repair manuals, price lists, flat-rate manuals, computerized systems for estimating and pricing to customers; record-keeping; shop safety, and housekeeping.
Throughout the course of the program, students will receive comprehensive instruction in the five (5) areas of specialization recognized by the ASE Education Foundation, for professional technician certification. Students are encouraged to participate in the ASE Certification testing program during their training.
Additional Skills Covered:
- Employability Skills
- Inspect, Measure, & Repair Unibody Vehicles
- Maintain & Operate Spray Equipment
- Perform Welding Operations
- Prepare & Apply Body Fillers
- Prepare Parts & Panels for Metal Finishing
- Prepare Surfaces for Refinishing
- Prepare Vehicles for Repair and Refinishing
- Repair Fiberglass/Plastic Components
- Repair, Replace, & Adjust Outer Body Panels
- Select & Apply Appropriate Paints & Finishes
- Set Up Vehicle for Pulling & Measuring
- Shop & Occupational Safety Skills
- Waterborne Painting Technology
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
College Credit Transfer Opportunity and/or Advanced Standing:
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, including the attainment of an aligned industry certification, students may be awarded credits toward an Associate Degree by Broward College. Students must enroll within two (2) years of completing the program at Atlantic Technical College. Additional college credit may be awarded with the attainment of additional industry certifications.
Job Outlook in the Ft. Lauderdale area:
- Demand for Automotive Body Technicians is expected to grow 9%* between 2014 and 2024.
- Entry level wages are about $12.00/hour**. Actual wages vary according to education, experience and certifications.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics
**The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity