Get Started on your Career Plan Today!
Step 1⇒ Attend a Program Orientation
Step 2 ⇒ Take the Tests of Adult Basic Education or meet exemption criteria
- See your counselor/advisor for details on test exemption criteria.
- Accommodations for testing are available to qualified individuals.
- Visit the Office of Disability Services for details before testing.
Step 3 ⇒ Meet with your counselor/advisor
- Receive test results
- Discuss technical or academic program placement
- Special needs
- Financial aid
- Registration procedures
Step 4 ⇒ Registration and Enrollment
Applied Information Technology
600 hours/approx. 6 months – full time
All components of this program are offered 100% online with on-campus labs and final.
This program prepares students for a variety of careers in the IT area. The content includes, but is not limited to, computer application skills including computer hardware, software applications, systems support and maintenance, and network concepts.
After successfully completing this program the student will be able to perform computer support services tasks and be prepared to enter a specialized Information Technology career cluster program at an advanced, accelerated level.
Additional Skills Covered:
- Introduction to Information Technology
- IT and Web Systems
- Problem Diagnosis and Resolution
- Computer Networking Skills
- Employability Skills
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
To get started in the Applied Information Technology program, Sign Up Today for the program orientation!
Job Outlook in the Ft. Lauderdale area:
- Demand for Computer User Support Specialist is expected to grow about 16%* between 2015 and 2023.
- Entry level wages are about $14/hour**. Actual wages vary according to education, experience and certifications.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics
**The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity