Advanced Automotive Service Technology –
Atlantic Technical College has been consistently recognized as the top Toyota training program in the country. This advanced program is an intense training and academic program provided by ATC in partnership with Toyota Motor North America Inc.; Southeast Toyota Distributors; local Toyota and Lexus dealers and Broward College.
2400 hours (approximately 24 months – full time)
Traditional – 100% classroom based
Days & Times:
Monday – Thursday 7:05 a.m. – 2:20 p.m.
- 18 Years of Age or older by October of entering year
- Basic Skills testing or exemption
- Complete a Program Orientation
- Interview with Program Counselor for additional program requirements
- Standard High School or State Awarded High School Diploma
The Advanced Automotive Service Technology (Toyota T-TEN) program is specific to Toyota/Lexus products using Toyota/Lexus automotive vehicles, trainers, parts, tools and curriculum materials. Instruction includes practical classroom applications and an internship experience at a Toyota/Lexus dealership under the supervision of a Certified Toyota/Lexus Technician and the Program Teacher-Coordinator. Instruction also coincides with the eight (8) areas of professional technician certification recognized by the ASE Education Foundation. Today’s technicians must possess advanced skills in math, communications, electronics and the ability to diagnose complex problems.
This advanced program is an intense training and academic program provided by ATC in partnership with Toyota Motor North America Inc.; Southeast Toyota Distributors; local Toyota and Lexus dealers; and Broward College.
Additional Skills Covered:
- Introduction to Automotive Technology
- Engine Repair & Performance
- Automatic Transmission / Transaxle
- Electrical Systems/Auto Electronics
- Heating & Air Conditioning
- Manual Drive Train & Axles
- Suspension & Steering
- Brake Systems
- Advanced Engine Performance
- Internship in a Local Toyota / Lexus Dealership
College Credit Transfer Opportunity and/or Advanced Standing:
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, including the attainment of an aligned industry certification, students may be awarded credits toward an Associate Degree by Broward College. Students must enroll within two (2) years of completing the program at Atlantic Technical College. Additional college credit may be awarded with the attainment of additional industry certifications.
Job Outlook in the Ft. Lauderdale area:
- Demand for Automotive Technicians is expected to grow about 5%* between 2014 and 2024
- Entry level wages for Toyota Technicians are about $14/hour**. Actual wages vary according to education, experience and certifications.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics
**The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity