Job Outlook in the Ft. Lauderdale area:
- Demand for Computer Occupations is expected to grow about 6%* between 2015 and 2023.
- Entry level wages for are about $16/hour**. Actual wages vary according to education, experience and certifications.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics
**The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
Network Support Services (Cisco Academy)
Program Length: 1050 hours/approx. 10 months – full time
M-F 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (full-time)
M-F 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. (part-time)
All components of this program are offered 100% online with on-campus labs and finals on Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Course Content: The Network Support Services programs prepares students for employment in network administration as network support specialists or provides supplemental training for people previously or currently employed in networking support occupations. The program prepares students to create, monitor, and maintain computer networks and operate computers and peripheral equipment. Laboratory activities are an integral part of this program. Activities include building and maintaining computers, installing operating systems, configuring routers and switches, and demonstrating mastery through culminating case studies.
Additional Skills Covered:
- A+ Certification Training
- Business Fundamentals
- CCNA Routing and Switching Training
- Computer Literacy
- Computer User Support
- Employability Skills and Portfolios
- Hardware and Software Troubleshooting
- Installation and Configuration Activities
- Microsoft Office
- Network Configuration
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams: Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study. College Credit Transfer Opportunity and / or Advanced Credit: Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements, including the attainment of an aligned industry credential, students may be awarded credits toward an Associate Degree by Broward College or the Florida College System. Students must enroll in Broward College within 2 years of completing the program at Atlantic Technical College. Additional college credit may be awarded with the attainment of additional industry credentials.
Get Started on your Career Plan Today!
Step 1⇒ Attend a Program Orientation
Step 2 ⇒ Take the Tests of Adult Basic Education or meet exemption criteria
- See your counselor/advisor for details on test exemption criteria.
- Accommodations for testing are available to qualified individuals.
- Visit the Office of Disability Services for details before testing.
Step 3 ⇒ Meet with your counselor/advisor
- Receive test results
- Discuss technical or academic program placement
- Special needs
- Financial aid
- Registration procedures
Step 4 ⇒ Registration and Enrollment