Text Only

ATC Request Information

Please wait...

call nowCall Now

Or find us on

Atlantic Technical College


Financial Aid Information

Atlantic Technical College accepts Florida Pre-Paid college plans and Bright Futures Scholarships from those students who qualify.

Director, Office of Financial Aid:
Soraya Aleman 754-321-5244 or 754-321-5185

Financial Aid Office Hours:
Monday and Wednesday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm

Tuesday and Thursday: 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
Friday: by appointment only

All students seeking financial assistance at Atlantic Technical College must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

The Council on Occupational Education (COE) does not accredit avocational programs such as ESOL, ABE, GED®, or AAAE.  In addition, these programs do not qualify for Title IV financial aid assistance.

  • The fastest and recommended way to complete the FAFSA Application is online. Help can be obtained by calling USDOE’s Help Desk at 1-800-4-FEDAID. A FAFSA Application can also be submitted by telephone at the above number.
  • Apply electronically for a PIN Number (Personal Identification Number) at www.pin.ed.gov. A four-digit PIN Number will be forwarded immediately by email, or if mailed it will be received within 5 business days.
  • Remember, if you are a Dependent Student request a PIN Number for your parent. A PIN Number is used to electronically sign the FAFSA Application. You may also choose the option to print, sign, and mail a signature page.
  • The 2016- 2017 FAFSA Application requires you to collect all necessary financial documents. The current FAFSA Application asks for your permission to have the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) fill in your 2015 Federal Income Tax return. This information is needed for you, your spouse, or parent(s). We encourage you to use this method whether on the initial application, or when doing any correction.

  • Be sure to complete your high school’s name, city, and state.

  • Complete your 2015-20156 FAFSA Application online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
  • Federal School Code: ATC – 012263
  • Be sure to click on “Submit FAFSA Now”.  Always print a copy of the confirmation page for your records after submitting your application.
  • The calculated FAFSA Application should be available within five business days for your school to review, if you electronically filed your application.
  • Remember that completing your FAFSA Application does not automatically make you eligible to receive financial aid.You must visit your schools’ Financial Aid Office after testing and meeting with your program Counselor.

Documents Students May Need to Bring With Them Independent Students: A signed 2015 Federal IRS Tax Transcript (Form 4506-T) is required for those who are single, and married at the time of completing the FAFSA Application. To request a form you may call the IRS Office at: 1-800-829-1040, 1-800-908-9946. If you prefer, you may print IRS Form 4506-T from the school’s Web site, complete and mail it to IRS. All Transcripts and Summary of Wages are free of charge and will be received in approximately 5 business days.

  1. Dependent Students:
    A signed 2015 Federal IRS Tax Transcript is required, as well as a parent(s)’ tax transcript. To request a form you may call the IRS Office at: 1-800-829-1040, 1-800-908-9946. A dependent student that has not filed a 2014 IRS Tax Return, but has earned wages, will need to present an IRS Tax Transcript (IRS Form 4506-T) which shows the non-filing status and a Summary of Wages which shows the amount of income earned.
  2. Non-Tax Filers:
    Request a free copy of your 2015 Non-Filers Tax Transcript and Summary of Wages to prove your non-filing status, and earnings. A notarized letter of support may also be required to verify monies or bills paid on your behalf. The IRS Office #s are 1-800-829-1040, 1-800-908-9946.

  3. Selective Service Letter:
    If you have resided in the US between the ages of 18 to 24 years old, you must have registered with Selective Service. Anyone who has failed to register for Selective Service before the age of 25 may no longer register, and will not be eligible for financial aid. See Financial Aid Advisor for more information regarding Selective Service requirements.
  4. High School Diploma Requirements:
    If your diploma is from out of state, the State of Florida, or you have graduated from a Broward County High School over five years ago, be prepared to show a copy of your high school diploma and an provide an official sealed transcript. If you have graduated from a Broward County High School within the last five years, only your high school diploma is necessary. A student, who has earned a GED® Diploma, needs to present both the GED® Diploma and the test scores.
  5. Foreign High School Diplomas:
    A student who has earned a high school diploma from a foreign country must have their diploma translated and evaluated by a Broward County School Board approved agency. You will need to present your original diploma(s) and course transcript(s) with the letter from the evaluating agency.

Financial Aid Questions and Answers

The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a federal TRIO program that was first funded in 1998 to provide counseling and information about the college admission process to adults who want to enter or continue a program of postsecondary education. Broward College received a grant to administer the EOC program which opened its doors in 2017.

The objective of the EOC program is to increase postsecondary education enrollment among Broward County adults.  We work on behalf of all postsecondary institutions.  We provide support and resources to assist Broward County adults with overcoming academic and financial barriers to beginning (or returning to complete) their postsecondary education.

The program also provides services to improve the financial and economic literacy of participants, in order to improve their likelihood of success. Please click on the link and complete the form to get started.

How will I know how much aid I qualify for?
Contact the Financial Aid office to complete your Financial Aid File. Upon completion of your file you will be given an award letter stating the type of aid, amount and conditions of your award.
Do I have to pay my fees up front?
Yes, unless there is eligibility for financial aid. Atlantic Technical College does not have a payment plan.
What happens if I decide to attend part-time?
Your aid may be reduced or canceled in some cases in order to comply with regulations or eligibility requirements.
What if I need to transfer from or to another school?
As long as you are certificate seeking at ATC and the classes will be credited toward your ATC certificate, you may be eligible to receive assistance. Contact the ATC Financial Aid Office to see what forms you must complete and for which programs you may qualify.
Does Atlantic Technical College do deferments for Federal Stafford Loans?
Yes, but we do not certify student loans
How will my fees be paid and what happens to the money that exceeds my fees?
Approximately 3 weeks after school starts your aid will be applied to your tuition. Actual disbursement of financial aid checks is a function of the Controller’s Office as requested by the Financial Aid Office. Funds are disbursed twice in an academic year in the form of a check made out to the student. The amount of the student receives is the original amount of the check minus any tuition owed.
If my fees were deferred, what will happen with my financial aid?
The Controller’s Office will deduct any tuition fees you owe the school and give you the balance (see previous question).
What happens if I don't do well in my classes?
Financial aid regulations require that you make satisfactory academic progress. Generally, you must maintain a C Average, successfully complete your classes, and maintain attendance in accordance with Federal Regulations. If you do not, you may be placed on probation or denied future assistance. You may appeal if denied.
How can I get information about my award?
You can come to our office to get the information. Due to the Privacy Act, only general information can be given over the phone.
My award is based on last year's income. My income and/or my parents' income has changed. What should I do?
Submit a request for professional judgment to our office. You will be asked to submit written documentation of the change. After a review, you may be awarded additional assistance.
The financial aid application asks for information about my parents but I do not receive any support from them. What do I do?
Federal regulations require your eligibility to be based on your income and that of your parents’ unless you are 24 years old; married, or have legal dependents other than a spouse; are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces; an orphan or ward of the court (or you were until age 18); or will be working on a degree beyond a bachelor’s. If you think that you have exceptional circumstances contact your ATC financial aid administrator about a possible dependency override.
What if I completely withdraw from classes, will I have to repay my financial aid?
Yes, if you withdraw before 60% of the term is completed, you will be required to repay a percentage of the aid you received since the funds were awarded to meet educational expenses for the entire payment period.