Job Outlook in the Ft. Lauderdale area:
- Demand for Computer User Support Specialist is expected to grow about 16%* between 2015 and 2023.
- Entry level wages are about $14/hour**. Actual wages vary according to education, experience and certifications.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics
**The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
Applied Information Technology
600 hours/approx. 6 months – full time
All components of this program are offered 100% online with on-campus labs and final.
Students will learn computer application skills including computer hardware, software applications, systems support and maintenance, and network concepts. Students will be prepared to perform computer support services tasks and enter a specialized technology cluster program at an advanced, accelerated level.
Additional Skills Covered:
- Introduction to Information Technology
- IT and Web Systems
- Problem Diagnosis and Resolution
- Computer Networking Skills
- Employability Skills
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Get Started on your Career Plan Today!
Step 1⇒ Attend a Program Orientation
Step 2 ⇒ Take the Tests of Adult Basic Education or meet exemption criteria
- See your counselor/advisor for details on test exemption criteria.
- Accommodations for testing are available to qualified individuals.
- Visit the Office of Disability Services for details before testing.
Step 3 ⇒ Meet with your counselor/advisor
- Receive test results
- Discuss technical or academic program placement
- Special needs
- Financial aid
- Registration procedures
Step 4 ⇒ Registration and Enrollment