Job Outlook in the Ft. Lauderdale area:
- Demand for Computer User Support Specialist is expected to grow about 16%* between 2015 and 2023.
- Entry level wages are about $14/hour**. Actual wages vary according to education, experience and certifications.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics
**The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
Applied Information Technology
600 hours/approx. 6 months – full time
All components of this program are offered 100% online with on-campus labs and final.
Students will learn computer application skills including computer hardware and software applications, systems support and maintenance, and network concepts. You will be prepared to enter a specialized information technology career at an advanced and accelerated level.
Additional Skills Covered:
- Introduction to Information Technology
- IT and Web Systems
- Problem Diagnosis and Resolution
- Computer Networking Skills
- Employability Skills
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Get Started on your Career Plan Today!
Step 1⇒ Attend a Program Orientation
Step 2 ⇒ Take the Tests of Adult Basic Education or meet exemption criteria
- See your counselor/advisor for details on test exemption criteria.
- Accommodations for testing are available to qualified individuals.
- Visit the Office of Disability Services for details before testing.
Step 3 ⇒ Meet with your counselor/advisor
- Receive test results
- Discuss technical or academic program placement
- Special needs
- Financial aid
- Registration procedures
Step 4 ⇒ Registration and Enrollment